About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Pilot Life: More Pattern Work/Earning My Endorsement

After not being able to fly this past Monday due to aircraft availability (which was a first for me here!), I went up with my flight instructor for another round of circuits (geez, I'm starting to sound British!) in the pattern to polish up my landings and get that endorsement! Needless to say, I finally got that endorsement I needed from my instructor after today's flight to allow me to go on a solo cross-country flight in the near future!

N958CT "Wolf 14," the plane I took up with my instructor today.

After pre-flight, my instructor and I hopped in, got the engine started, picked up taxi clearance, and taxied over to the run-up area. After verifying engine systems were good, we continued the taxi over the runway, where we got takeoff clearance and I got us airborne.

From there, it was a standard set of circuits in the pattern, practicing all the landing techniques and employing certain techniques I was taught as necessary and when my instructor called for them. I logged a total of seven landings on this flight. Following the seventh landing, we cleared the runway and taxied back to the UVU ramp to call it good. Satisfied, my instructor said he felt comfortable enough to endorse me to go solo. And I am happy to finally get to this point, even if it took me a month!

I've a got a busy weekend ahead with family matters (namely, a wedding!), so I probably won't be able to fly again this week after today. So, I'm hoping to go on my long-awaited solo cross-country flights some time next week! For now, I revel in today's success!

No comments: