About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Gallery Update: Jet versus Crosswinds

It was a really windy day today in Provo! I went back out to the airport dike road again and took a shot at photographing some jets battling crosswinds. Unfortunately, I only got a clear shot at one, namely one of Allegiant Air's Airbus A319s as a lot of the smaller traffic was utilizing the shorter crosswind runway at Provo so I was pretty much out of position for them; the Airbus stuck with the main runway because it was longer and it was capable of flying in stronger crosswinds. And before you ask, yes, this was another Allegiant Airbus that I haven't photographed before. Here's the link:

Provo (PVU) 30

Preview:

Allegiant Air Airbus A319-112 (N307NV) operating as AAY132 from Phoenix-Mesa on short final for 13. I got the red anti-collision beacon in this shot!

Even with overcast and broken layers, it still makes for a great background to shoot against!

Originally delivered to EasyJet as G-EZIB in March 2005. Transferred to EasyJet Switzerland as HB-JZP in July 2006. Returned to EasyJet with original British registration in January 2015 before being withdrawn from use in July 2015. Acquired by Allegiant in September 2015. Like many other airframes in the fleet, this little Airbus has served its entire life flying under the banner of low-cost carriers.

No comments: