About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, June 13, 2014

Gallery Update: Final Preparations and V.I.P. Experience

With final preparations, today was a busy day! I took photos throughout the day, which includes some of the museum planes as well as the visiting pilots' planes who will be performing in the air show. After completing much of the preparations, we had a special V.I.P. dinner at the museum for all the volunteers, honored guests, and air show sponsors. After that, we were treated to a special exhibition air show. Truly this has been a unique experience for me, to able to attend the special pre-air show event; it really has been a privilege. Here are the links to the photos:

Rexburg (RXE) 17

Legacy Air Show 2014 - V.I.P Exhibition

Not wanting to spoil the fun saved for tomorrow, here's a preview of what went down and some of the best photos out of the day:

The museum's two "centerpiece" aircraft; on the left is Bob Hoover's old North American P-51D Mustang, 'Ole Yeller' and on the right is the ultra-rare Bell P-63 King Cobra, parked side-by-side.

Beechcraft (Twin Beech) D18S (N90552) having just arrived from Idaho Falls to be part of the event.

Gary Rower of Rower Airshows in his Stearman PT-18 (N212PC) and Buck Roetman of Wild Horse Aviation in his Pitts S-2S Special (N99MF) doing a team routine. Two years ago during the 2012 practice exhibition, Buck Roetman crashed in his Christen Eagle onto the adjacent golf course, walking away thankfully with minor injuries. Now he's back, as promised with a new aircraft!

This is a custom-built aircraft by Danny Sorensen of Golden Age Airshows, making it one of a kind. Nicknamed 'Unfinished Business', this is a Sorensen BF9-2 (N81973) built specifically for aerobatic air show routines.

By John Bagley's invitation, Lee Lauderback of Stallion 51 Flight Ops pilots Ole Yeller, pictured here doing a photo pass.

That's all for now! And I got my V.I.P. pass!

No comments: