About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Gallery Update: CRJ-900 Sighting at Idaho Falls

My first post for the month of June this year comes from Idaho Falls. I noticed that SkyWest was bringing in one of their longer CRJ-900s in to IDA today along with the typical Thursday Allegiant service. I knew there were CRJ-900s flying occasionally into Idaho Falls in order to provide domestic First-Class service but this was the first time I've seen it in person. Guess I've started looking for out of the ordinary... I figured I ought to get a little spotting done since I had a little time, plus it's a nice change of pace from all the Rexburg updates I've been doing! On a side note, Idaho Falls is getting a new service to Minneapolis this weekend via another Delta Connection regional carrier (Pinnacle Airlines), which will use CRJ-900s and Frontier starts competing with United Express/SkyWest on the Denver route next weekend. I never photographed any inaugural flights before (and I plan to photograph them!) so I figured today was a good day to practice photographing fast aircraft movement. Here's the link from today's spotting adventures:

Idaho Falls (IDA) 6

Preview:

Pilatus PC-12 (N116SK) doing medivac.

Two good photos of a SkyWest d/b/a Delta Connection Canadair CL-600-2D24 CRJ-900 (N809SK) on departure:



No comments: