About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Gallery Update: "Ramp" Shots from Woodland

I joined the Valley Flyers for another club fly-out today (only my second one since joining the club!). Today's destination was Woodland State Airport, a Podunk little landing strip with a narrow asphalt runway and some grass parking areas nestled between Interstate I-5 and the Lewis River, which feeds into the mighty Columbia River. The purpose of today's fly-out was for a little lunch outing at a local barbeque joint that's just a ten minute walk from the airport (supporting local businesses, especially after last year's economic impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic!). Needless to say, it was a fun time and fun flight coming up!

Woodland (W27) 1

Preview:

Glasair GS-2 Sportsman (N744ES) parked on the grass ramp. First time seeing a Glasair with floats!

Quad City Challenger II Special (N385LD) parked on the grass. My first time seeing this unique two-seat tandem ultralight! The Quad City Challenger family of ultralights can come in either one or two seat configurations with the added versatility of being on wheels, skis, or floats.

An "artistic" view of all the club aircraft that flew up to Woodland! Always fun to share camaraderie with fellow pilots in General Aviation!

Note the tall trees in the background. Such trees makes landing from the south rather... interesting and dicey. Today was a rather doable day to fly into Woodland, so it was no problem. After driving by this airstrip in years past several times now, I'm happy to finally add it to my logbook and have the thrill to fly into one of the more gnarly airports I've flown into thus far!

No comments: