About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Gallery Update: One More ATR-42 Sighting in McMinnville!

After the previous two occurrences, I knew it was only a matter of time before this would happen. And of course, it happened last night as the last 'Ohana by Hawaiian's ATR-42-500 arrived into McMinnville from Honoulu last night(thanks to FlightRadar24 and FlightAware!) on its ferry flight. So of course, I made my way over to get some quick photos. So as of today, I have photographed all four ATR-42s that Hawaiian Airlines uses (or as of right now, used to use!) for their 'Ohana operations!

McMinnville (MMV) 7

Preview:

Fournier RF-5B Sperber (N55SM) doing a touch-and-go on 22. I saw this very motor glider just six years ago parked at Independence and this is my first time seeing it in action! As it turns out, this unique aircraft is based at McMinnville.

SOCATA TBM-850 (N654CW) parked on the ramp. Arrived three days ago from Coeur D'Alene. 

Empire Airlines (d/b/a 'Ohana by Hawaiian) ATR-42-500 (N805HC) parked on the ramp. Ferried over from Honolulu by Southern Cross Aviation last night as SXA655. Scheduled to continue on to Coeur D'Alene tomorrow morning with the same flight number.

Again, flown into the mainland for maintenance and long-term storage away from the corrosive salt water air of Hawaii while Hawaiian Airlines' 'Ohana operations are shut down amid the downturn in travel demand as a result of the COVID pandemic.

First delivered to Air Contractors and then immediately leased to Czech Airlines (CSA) as OK-JFK in March 2004. Acquired by Hawaiian Airlines in September 2013 and operated by Empire Airlines ever since. Hopefully, this and the rest of the fleet will make their way back to the Hawaiian islands once this pandemic is for the most part behind us.

No comments: