About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Gallery Update: Ramp Shots from Crescent Lake

Today, the flight club held its monthly fly-out and I got to fly myself out to the destination, which was to Crescent Lake, Oregon for a little lunch outing. It was a neat time, considering that I should've been at Klamath Falls today for the Sentry Eagle open-house and air show; of course, that was cancelled no thanks to the current circumstances stemming from COVID-19! So this was a fine alternate activity that still had something to do with aviation. All five of the club's planes flew out to Crescent Lake, so I used that fact as an excuse to get a few pictures, mainly ramp shots. And considering that I'm spending what's left of this year exploring the Pacific Northwest in lieu of an air show season, Crescent Lake, not to mention the Oregon back-country was a great place to start in fulfilling this commitment to myself in order to keep myself sane.

Crescent Lake (5S2) 1

Preview:

Piper PA-28-140 Cherokee (N1636H) parked on the ramp. I flew this plane out from Salem!

Cessna 172N Skyhawk II (N5174E) parked on the ramp.

Cessna 182M Skylane (N70574) parked on the ramp. My commercial flight instructor flew this plane out from Salem.

Cirrus SR22T (N696CC) parked on the ramp. This plane flew in from Corvallis yesterday. The Crescent Lake Airport ramp has five tie-down parking spots; if it weren't for this Cirrus, all five of our planes would've had a place to park!

Cessna 172M Skyhawk II (N515ED) on short final for 31. Of the club's five planes, this one was the last to arrive.

Cessna 172M Skyhawk II (N12382) parked on the ramp.

Ramp shot of four of the club's five planes, representing at least one of each type currently in the club fleet.

No comments: