About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, July 17, 2020

Gallery Update: PBY Catalina Sighting in Salem!

It's a beautiful, summer Friday evening and I had the opportunity to take some friends flying for the first time in months! But before we got airborne, we were treated to a spectacular sight: Soaring by Sea, LLC's PBY Catalina that was the headliner for Warbirds Over the West last year! Speaking of Warbirds Over the West, the 2020 edition of the event has been modified to be a General Aviation fly-in, barbecue, and pie social (with social distancing being practiced, assuming the state doesn't shut it down before hand!). The PBY Catalina, which went into winter maintenance up in Aurora after last year's air show season, was doing touch-and-go landings when we showed up and it was nice to get some warbird action!

Salem (SLE) 52

Preview:

Consolidated PBY-5A Canso-A (N9767) arriving on 34 doing a touch-and-go.

The Catalina came out of extensive maintenance earlier this past April. The organization just completed their hangar in Eugene dedicated to this warbird recently. 

The plane obviously is up here from Eugene!

No comments: