About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, July 12, 2019

Gallery Update: Unusual and Cool Sights at Independence!

My dad, sister, and I drove over to Independence to grab some lunch at the Starduster Cafe. After we ate, I did a quick walk-around on the ramp, to photograph a few unusual and rather cool sightings I noticed at the airport.

Independence (7S5) 5

Preview:

Urban Air UFM-13 Lambada (N675MB) parked on the ramp just about to taxi for departure. The UFM-13 is a Czech shoulder-wing, two-seat motor glider was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight rules and US light-sport aircraft rules. The design is made of composite materials (the ideal choice for gliders) and can come as either as a fixed tricycle or conventional landing gear. Aside from its use as a motor glider, the Lambada has also been successfully employed as a glider tug; now that's versatility in the gliding world! Talk about another unusual aircraft to add to my portfolio!

North American NA-145 Navion (NC8683H) parked on the ramp. I'm thrilled to see an early model Navion that was actually built by North American Aviation (as indicated by the logo on the tail!), the same legendary company that built the famed P-51 Mustang! This particular model was manufactured in 1947

Face-to-face with the Navion. Although the Navion was built intended for a postwar boom in civilian aviation that ultimately did not materialize to the extent that aircraft manufacturers originally envisioned, this plane still deserves recognition as one North American Aviation's crown jewels in the civil aircraft category!

N675MB airborne off 34. Originally designed and produced by Urban Air until going defunct in 2010, the Lambada is  now built by Distar Air, which was formed to continue the production of the former's designs. For some reason, these Czech aircraft designs always fascinate me!

No comments: