About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, July 4, 2019

Gallery Update: Monmouth 4th of July Fly Overs

Happy Independence Day! It's been a while since I got some off-airport aviation photography done, but given that's it's the 4th of July, some fly-over passes are bound to happen! In today's case, I was spending the day just east of Independence and Salem in the quaint town of Monmouth, Oregon with some wonderful friends and associates as part of my young single adult church group; we got together for breakfast before attending the city's annual Independence Day parade held on Monmouth's Main Street. And of course, prior to the parade, we got a fly-by pass courtesy of two F-15 Eagles from the Oregon Air National Guard's 142nd Fighter Wing, 123rd Fighter Squadron, the Redhawks out of Portland!

Also, during the parade, some local pilots most likely from the nearby Independence States Airport  flew two overhead (albeit, slow!) passes!

Off-Airport - 07/04/2019

Preview:

The glorious sound of freedom approaches! Thank you Redhawks!

Two F-15 Eagles from the 142nd Fighter Wing, 123rd Fighter Squadron, the Redhawks buzzing the town to kick off the 4th of July celebrations in Monmouth! Go Redhawks!!!

Four more planes taking part in the celebration with some loose-formation flying!

Luscombe 8E Silvaire Deluxe (NC1803B). With a large N-number, I was quite pleased to have been able to identify at least one of the vintage GA planes in the formation!

Second pass by the loose formation.

No comments: