About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Pilot Life: Partial Panel Approaches in the Cherokee

My third flight in Infinite Air Center's Cherokee, more approaches, and additional challenges, all part of the effort to get me prepped for the check-ride. As far as flight training simulating instrument conditions go post-refresher ground school, things are going fairly well, better than I initially expected to be honest.

My third flight in N98241, my "side-chick" airplane "Jane."

After the usual business of pre-flight, my instructor and I got airborne and I went under the hood. We shot two approaches into Corvallis after getting our IFR clearance from Cascade Approach, the RNAV 35 and the VOR-A approaches both under partial panel, without the use of the attitude indicator and heading indicator. The approaches went pretty well as far as I could tell. After doing the approaches, we practiced some holding patterns and entries.

Once done with that, we headed back to Albany and landed. Following logbook updates and a debrief, we called it a day. I'm happy that I'm doing fairly well considering that this was my third flight in a Cherokee Cruiser. More importantly, the ground school I attended earlier this month seems to have helped.

No comments: