About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, November 9, 2018

Pilot Life: Quick Flight to Corvallis

I took the 172 down for a quick flight to Corvallis once again to inquire about a few things regarding future flight training for myself (namely multi-engine training!). As always, a little pre-flight procedures and I got airborne before turning on course to Corvallis.

N5174E, my main ride!

After getting the weather information from the AWOS frequency, I entered the pattern for Runway 17 at Corvallis; I sequenced myself in due to several local aircraft in the pattern at the time. After an uneventful landing, I taxied over to the transient parking and shut the engine down.

After going about my business making some inquiries, I returned to the airplane and got back in the air. I stayed in the Corvallis traffic pattern and did a touch-and-go landing to get some extra flight time in! I then made my back to Albany and landed there. And by the look of things, it looks like I got back just in time because it looked like some fog was starting form! After landing, I taxied over to the fuel pumps and topped off the fuel tanks before taxiing over to the hangar to put away the airplane.

Between everything that happened last year and everything I've been trying to accomplish this year, I'm hoping to make inroads with the local aviation community and seek networking opportunities.

No comments: