About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Pilot Life: Another Round in the Pattern in the Diamond Star

Once again, things regarding today's flight didn't go according to plan. But I was able to get in the air with my flight instructor and get a little more stick time in the Diamond Star, albeit, a really short flight in the pattern again. The problem: the plane sat outside in the elements and accumulated some frost on the wings. It was also a cold morning today when we were scheduled to go flying so the pre-flight took longer than expected! After pre-flight, we towed the plane over to the fuel pump because I noticed that the tanks were running dry (yep, another time-consuming process). After fueling up the plane (and enduring the miserable cold!), we finally hopped in and got the engine started.

Second flight in N321PF.

Winds favored Runway 12 so I taxied us over to the far end of the airport, where we would do our run-ups. After run-ups were complete, I taxied us onto the runway, advanced the throttle to begin takeoff roll, and we got airborne. Like the last time I flew the Diamond Star, we only had time for one touch-and-go landing and then a full-stop landing following two circuits in the pattern. Following the second landing, I taxied us back to the ramp so my instructor can get to work one of his students; his advice during my checkout in the DA-40 is always appreciated. We secured the plane and called it a successful, albeit, short flight.

No comments: