About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Gallery Update: Chasing a Gulfstream G650ER

This morning, I went out to the dike road over by the Provo Airport (only my second spotting trip to Provo this year!) and I waited for a Gulfstream G650ER to fly in. The reason for this outing was because this G650 belongs to Air Lease Corporation, one of two of the largest aircraft leasing companies in the world. And this G650 was carrying none other than Air Lease Corporation's CEO and chairman of the board, Steven F. Udvar-Házy, the man credited for the conception of the airplane leasing industry. He was visiting UVU's aviation department and was to give a lecture on the main campus later in the day. I learned about his impending visit from an E-mail I received a few days prior. Given this significance, I figured that this Gulfstream was worth chasing after!

Provo (PVU) 51

Preview:

Czech Sport Aircraft (CSA) SportCruiser (N275SC) on short final for 13 for touch-and-go before returning north back to Ogden.

Air Lease Corporation Gulfstream Aerospace G-VI G650ER (N1AL) on short final for 13 with Steven F. Udvar-Házy on board. Arriving from (I think!) the Los Angeles-area, given that Air Lease Corporation is located in Los Angeles (You can't track this plane on FlightAware or FlightRadar 24!).

Great looking jet, considering that this is what $65 million will buy you!

No comments: