About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Gallery Update: Chasing Cirrus SF-50 Vision Jets in Provo!

Once again, I credit FlightAware.com for making me aware of such an opportunity! I saw that not one, but TWO Cirrus SF-50 Vision jets were en route to Provo. Given that I've never seen one before, I knew I had to jump at this opportunity. It was cold out on the dike road, but it was worth freezing my butt off to catch such unique jets!

Built by Cirrus Aircraft, the SF-50 Vision is a single-engine, low-wing, seven-seat (yeah, SEVEN seats! Let that sink in for a minute!), very light jet (VLJ) intended to be a step-up aircraft for pilots who have flown the Cirrus SR20, SR22 and other high-performance light aircraft. It is the first civilian single-engine jet to achieve certification with the FAA and the smallest and least expensive certified jet currently on the market. And in true Cirrus-fashion, the SF-50 comes equipped with the company's Cirrus Airframe Parachute System (CAPS), which deploys from the nose of the aircraft, making it the first jet of any kind to come with a whole-aircraft ballistic parachute. The FAA type-certified this unique aircraft in late-2016 after ten years of development.

Provo (PVU) 52

Preview:

Cessna 414A Chancellor (N414LM) departing on 13 for La Verne, California.

Cirrus SF-50 Vision (N17CX) on short final for 13 arriving from Amarillo, Texas. I am beyond excited to have finally photographed one of these unique single-engine VLJs!

Pilatus PC-12/47E (N386NG) departing on 13 for Santa Ana, California. It was getting dark and the overcast skies did not help, but a little photo-editing helped to bring these photos out a bit.

Cirrus SF-50 Vision (N52CV) on short final for 13 arriving from Denver-Centennial, Colorado. There are currently less than 20 SF-50s out there and I got two in one spotting trip! Always exciting to catch something that's still rare or uncommon before it becomes a common sight!

No comments: