About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Pilot Life: Some Quick Patterns/Return to Provo!

Today, I got up early to do a flight and once again, I found myself in Spanish Fork. We had a late-start to the flight from the original schedule however, so as a result, I suggested to my instructor that we just do pattern work today to polish up my landings, which he agreed to do. While my instructor was tying up loose ends elsewhere, I went out to the airplane and conducted the pre-flight. Once that was done, we hopped and got the engine started. I taxied a short distance and did the run-ups. Everything was in good working order so I taxied us out to the runway and we got airborne.

Flew again on N992CT.

However, once we got airborne, we ran into some precipitation. Icing was always a concern so we had to consider some options. My instructor suggested that we head to Provo as the weather looked clear over there. I agreed to the prospect as I was very familiar with Provo's procedures!

I tuned into Provo's ATIS frequency to get the weather information and then called up the tower; just like when I was flying at UVU! Tower instructed us to enter the downwind for Runway 13, making the standard midfield report. I did my first landing and it was alright, but I still could use some improvement. I made right closed-traffic and set up for another touch-and-go. My second landing was little bit better. After the second landing at Provo, I requested for straight-out departure back to Spanish Fork, which was granted by the tower controller.

It was so nice to be able to return to Provo after not flying out of there the past several months. After being approved for frequency change, I made my CTAF calls at Spanish Fork. By then the rain subsided and I set us up to make a full-stop landing, which was successful. I taxied us back the ramp and the shut the engine down calling it a successful, albeit short flight!

No comments: