About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, August 18, 2017

Pilot Life: Perfect Day for a Friday Morning Flight

It has been a busy week. I didn't fly the past three days due to personal business I had to attend to which required me to leave Utah for about 36 hours. Having just gotten back into town yesterday, today was a perfect day to get back together with my new (not to mention awesome and very understanding!) flight instructor and do some flying as I was scheduled to do so.

Another flight on N968CT, the DA-20 formerly with UVU's fleet.

After pre-flight and the usual procedures before takeoff, we got airborne and headed south to practice the usual performance maneuvers relevant to the private pilot checkride. My instructor had me do power-on and power-off stalls, an emergency descent to simulate as if I was putting out an engine fire followed by a subsequent simulated off-airport emergency landing (just the procedures and running through the checklist, not actually landing off-airport!), followed by a climb back in altitude to do some steep turns, ground-reference maneuvers, as well as some pattern work to practice short-field and soft-field takeoff and landing techniques.

After logging five total landings we were both satisfied with today's flight lessons. And it was a beautiful day to fly as well!!

No comments: