About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Monday, July 10, 2017

Gallery Update: Spotting on the go in Salt Lake City

I got up early this morning to catch a flight back to Utah. Of course, I had my camera on me to catch some aviation action. Unfortunately, I couldn't get any shots while I was at Portland since it was still dark out and my departure gate was at the far end of the commuter terminal. But I got some photos where I could when the flight arrived into Salt Lake City. Here are the links:

Commercial Air Travel 07/10/2017

Salt Lake City (SLC) 5

Preview:

Delta Air Lines Boeing 767-332 (N140LL) taxiing for departure to Atlanta as DAL1108.

SkyWest Airlines (d/b/a American Eagle) Bombardier CL-600-2C10 CRJ-701ER (N705SK) parked at A1. The flight was getting reading for departure to Chicago O' Hare as SKW2969 but was delayed due to a mechanical issue and a substitute aircraft had to be rotated in. Still, this is my first time photographing a CRJ in the new American livery.

Horizon Air (d/b/a Alaska Airlines) Embraer ERJ-170-200LR E-175LR (N622QX) parked at A6. This was the plane I flew into Salt Lake City on from Portland, as QXE2778; I sat in where that very last passenger window was! This was my first time flying with Alaska/Horizon as well as my first time flying on an E-Jet. It's also my first time photographing one of Horizon's new jets; the airline hasn't operated jets since its days when they operated CRJ-700s until 2011. It's a quick turn-around for the regional arm of Alaska Airlines, as N622QX was scheduled to return to Portland as QXE2779.

No comments: