About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Monday, July 10, 2017

Flight Critique: Horizon Air (d/b/a Alaska Airlines) Flight 2778 (PDX-SLC)

1.) Aircraft: Embraer E-175, my first time flying with Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air and my very first time flying on the E-Jet. With Horizon beginning acquisition of E-Jets for their fleet, ours still had that new airplane smell!

2.) Flight Time: Approximately 1 hour, 30 minutes

3.) Flight departed relatively on time and we were treated with a gorgeous sunrise as we ascended to our flight's cruising altitude. Experienced minor turbulence here and there, but did not detract from the flight experience. Flight also arrived 20 minutes early! The new slim-line seats were something to get used to, however...

4.) Horizon Air totally delivered when it came to their little reputation that sets them apart from other airlines with unique Pacific Northwest offerings as part of their in-flight service! I for one was satisfied with just the complimentary drink and snack service. Also got to utilize some limited Wi-Fi (give me a break, I'm a tight bastard!) via Gogo Inflight Internet to make a few Facebook and Instagram posts!

5.) Flight was full but given the short duration, it was tolerable. Plus, the complimentary drink and snack service was appreciated. And other than the slim-line seats, I'm a fan of the Alaska/Horizon service and I was quite satisfied with my first E-Jet flight. I'd say "good call" to implement them into the Alaska Air Groups regional network!

Photos from the flight:

Horizon Air (d/b/a Alaska Airlines) Embraer ERJ-170-200LR E-175LR (N622QX), the E-Jet used for QXE2778 parked at A6 in Salt Lake after arrival from Portland. This is the second E-Jet to enter service with Horizon Air, and it still has that new plane smell!

At the gate in Portland awaiting push-back.

One last look at some of the recognizable landmarks of the Pacific Northwest...

Passing over Mountain Home, Idaho. Mountain Home Air Force Base is visible.

View of the Great Salt Lake as we made our descent into Salt Lake City.

Spoilers partially deployed.

Making our final approach into Salt Lake City.

Flaps extended, short-final for Runway 16R.

Touchdown on 16R.

Slowing down.

Taxiing to the terminal. So much Delta...

And parked at the gate!

No comments: