About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, April 25, 2014

Gallery Update: Back to School, Back to Volunteering

This one's more for me than anything else. I went back to school for another semester this week. Needless to say, I did not miss five days of classes per week but one silver lining is that I only have one class to attend on Fridays so I still have a little flexibility when it comes to schedules. Not only that, but it sucked for me to leave home after being there for a couple days and I really want this new semester to move along. But after my first week of classes for the semester, not mention five days of classes I just needed to get away from the apartment as well as the campus atmosphere. And my little "sanctuary" or "fortress of solitude" (as some of my associates at the museum would say) happens to be the Legacy Flight Museum so I decided to get away for a little bit by spending the afternoon there. Of course, I wouldn't be writing this up if I didn't have an update right? Well, I took more photos from the museum (you're welcome!) so I updated my museum "revisit" album with new pictures as well as a new airplane to add to the mix... Well, the airplane is actually just the museum's second Cessna Bird Dog. Here's the Facebook album link:

Legacy Flight Museum Revisits (Updated)

I even got a little "artistic" with my photography as well. I highlight those in the following preview:

Ski-equipped Cessna 305A Bird Dog (N5074A). This Bird Dog participated in the fly-in that happened in June of last year.

Nose section of the ultra-rare P-63C Kingcobra (N169FS) detailing the nose-mounted 37mm cannon.

Nose-section of the P-51D Mustang 'Ole Yeller' (N51RH) made famous by Bob Hoover

And while we're at it, how 'bout the tail-section of 'Ole Yeller?' Come to think of it, it's easy to miss the small details of any aircraft like this; in this case, it's the number 47 and the tail with Hoover's name.

Something I'll be looking forward to in a few short months this upcoming June on Father's Day weekend is the Legacy Air Show being held right here in Rexburg, hosted by the museum.

No comments: