About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Gallery Update: Nampa, a Little Road Trip Detour

So I did go home for about a week after the school semester ended, as you might have noticed from the last post that originated in Salem. I drove back to eastern Idaho today to get ready for another semester but I decided to take my time in returning to the Ashton/Rexburg area by stopping at the Warhawk Air Museum in Nampa, Idaho, which is a suburb that's part of the Boise-metro area. I've driven through Nampa many times to get to eastern Idaho and I've always seen signs and a billboard that pointed the museum and I figured it was about time to stop and check it out. Needless to say, it was a pleasant experience. Much like the Legacy Flight Museum, the Warhawk Air Museum is basically a large aircraft hangar and some of the planes are still airworthy. I even got exclusive access to the maintenance hangar next door where one of the museum's two P-40s was getting a landing gear leg change; this also afforded me to do take a few pictures of the general aviation ramp. The only downside to this visit is that I JUST missed the museum's rare P-51C Mustang nicknamed the 'Boise Bee'... Here are the links:

Warhawk Air Museum

Nampa (MAN) 1

Preview:

A replica Fokker DR-1 (DR stands for Dreidecker, or 3 wings) Triplane (N9224C) occasionally known as "The Blue Max" on display.

Curtiss P-40E Kittyhawk (NX94466) nicknamed "Sneak Attack" on display.

Curtiss P-40N Warhawk (NL1195N) nicknamed "Parrot Head" getting some maintenance done.

Beechcraft Model H50 Twin Bonanza (N7770X) on display. The H50 model is fairly rare because only 30 airframes were ever built.

No comments: