About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Gallery Update: Idaho Falls Double Allegiant Sighting

Happy Easter! I drove down to the Idaho Falls Regional Airport this afternoon to do a little spotting. Needless to say, traffic was pretty dull, but not surprising since it was Sunday but I thought different considering it was the Easter holiday; but I stand corrected... But having my airband radio on me, I heard the radio chatter between aircraft and the tower, including what happened to a SkyWest flight upon landing; from the sounds of it, it looks like there was a bird strike on a Delta Connection-branded CRJ. Today also included a double Allegiant Air sighting, which was strange because the schedule called for only one flight when I arrived. I think what happened was that the earlier scheduled Las Vegas flight got delayed long enough to the point it was in Idaho Falls when I got to see the Phoenix/Mesa flight (or vice versa). Sucks for the passengers but for me, two MD-80s for the price of one at Idaho Falls is pretty good! Anyways, here's the link:

Idaho Falls (IDA) 5

Preview:

Again, don't mind the chain link fence, but this is the Delta Connection/SkyWest CRJ that suffered a bird strike when it landed. This aircraft did not return to Salt Lake City as originally scheduled.

Now, compare and contrast this double Allegiant sighting:

Allegiant Air MD-80 in the older livery departing IDA; couldn't tell what the tail-number was...

Allegiant Air McDonnell Douglas MD-82 (N427NV) in the updated (with more orange) livery having just arrived at IDA.

Did you notice the slight variations in paint jobs between the old and new livery? Here's a better photo of the last one WITHOUT that cursed chain link fence:

N427NV departing IDA.

No comments: