About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Gallery Update: Airport Appreciation Day

The Legacy Flight Museum of Rexburg, Idaho hosted a fly-in/open house event called Airport Appreciation Day at the Rexburg-Madison County Airport. The public was granted exclusive access to the ramp where the museum's flying collection of aircraft were on static display. Some planes like the SNJ-3 Texan, and P-51D Mustang even took to the skies. And of course, I've taken the usual opportunity to snap quite a few pictures, both from the event and regular planespotting at the airport:

Rexburg Airport Appreciation Day 2013

Rexburg (RXE) 1

In addition to the photos I've taken, I also filmed some action including two P-51D Mustangs, an SNJ-3 Texan, two Cessna Bird Dogs, and a Yakovlev Yak-55M. I like making videos now because they don't have to be lengthy; some videos are less than 30 seconds long! Here's the link to my video gallery:

Videos

Preview:

Grumman S2F-1 Tracker
 This aircraft is the latest addition to the Legacy Flight Museum.

North American P-51D Mustang named the "Mormon Mustang."
It's so great to see this bird restored and flying after it crashed back in December 2006!

Bob Hoover's former P-51D Mustang nicknamed "Ole Yeller" flying formation with the Mormon Mustang. Quite a sight to see two P-51s flying together!

No comments: