About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Gallery Update: Improvements from last time...

Remember in my recent post about screwing up a shot I could have gotten in my latest photo shoot from Idaho Falls regarding an Allegiant Air MD-80 at take-off? Well, I couldn't live with my first shot of Allegiant being ruined by the chain link fence so I decided to try again. Allegiant flies into Idaho Falls on Thursdays and Sundays so I went in the morning because of nice weather; it was windy when I went spotting but it was worth it because I pretty much nailed the shot I was looking for. I may be an amateur aviation photographer but I'm proud of the shot I got because of the angle from which it was shot. Here's the link:

Idaho Falls (IDA) 4

Here's the preview, including the shot I'm proud of:

Allegiant Air's MD-80 departing IDA for Las Vegas (LAS). The downside about this angle is being unable to identify the tail number. But I believe this is an MD-82 (N417NV). (Source: FlightAware)

Seeing this Twin Beech D18S (N90552) working the pattern at IDA was a surprise but quite a treat nonetheless, making this trip a whole lot more worthwhile.

No comments: