About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Gallery Update: Finally Photographed Allegiant!

This time I went planespotting in Idaho Falls and finally went after some of the commercial traffic that flies there, specifically to photograph an Allegiant Air MD-80. I normally wouldn't go planespotting unless I had reason to be there but I figured it was a nice day weather-wise and I just had to photograph an Allegiant Air livery after not having done so before. Allegiant is one major U.S. airline that has been eluding my camera lenses for some time (another being Hawaiian Airlines) up until today, mainly because of the airline's unique low-cost business model, which is flying less frequently and flying into secondary airports away from most commercial traffic at primary airports. My spotting vantage point was a soccer field just west of the main runway threshold. It was pretty good spotting, minus the cursed chain link fence that partially obstructed the view.

Here's the link:

Idaho Falls (IDA) 3

Preview:

Allegiant Air McDonnell Douglas MD-88 (N401NV) having just arrived from Phoeniz-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA).

I intend to get a better, unobstructed shot of an Allegiant bird next time. I had a chance for close-up take-off shot but I screwed it up... Next time.

I pretty much saw every carrier that serves IDA since I also saw SkyWest regional jets in Delta and United colors:

SkyWest Airlines in United Express livery Canadair CL-600-2B19 CRJ-200LR (N969SW) having just arrived from Denver.

Although, the Delta Connection-SkyWest CRJ turned off the active runway early after arriving from Salt Lake City.

I critiqued Idaho Falls before in terms of a spotting location and it's definitely not the best, now that I know there are semi-unobstructed views that is, if you don't mind the chain link fence...

No comments: