About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, December 31, 2022

Gallery Update: Something Different for New Year's Eve...

Happy New Year to you all!

I originally had plans with a group of people for New Year's celebrations (non-aviation-related), but those plans fell through after over half the group flaked out for one reason or another; I had no desire to attend an event I knew I was going to be disappointed with if I wasn't going to be around people I knew and liked. With New Year's Eve now basically open, I had to determine my next move and after two disappointing years, I really wanted to do something meaningful to ring in 2023.

I then remembered that I received an invitation earlier in the month for a 1940s-themed hangar dance being put together by Hangar-B Productions and taking place at Aerometal International's hangar at the Aurora State Airport (I haven't set foot around here since terminating my flight school membership after losing access to my multi-engine platform!). I originally had no intention of going, but considering the circumstances I found myself in and the fact this was technically an aviation event with vintage aircraft displays, I decided to go! Plus, I've never been to a hangar dance before and I wanted to see what it was like.

While I was alone for pretty much the entire time (it would've been more fun if I had a group or at least a date to bring along!), I felt I was in good company and I appreciated the opportunity to take in the sight of vintage airplanes and admire their presence. I greatly appreciate and acknowledge the invitation I received from the two people closely associated with tonight's event.

Hangar-B Productions NYE Dance Displays

Preview:

Douglas DC-3A (N18121) on display. Saw this beauty fly in and out of Salem earlier in the month, but it was still great to see the highest-time DC-3 in the world that is still airworthy again tonight!

Boeing B75N1 N2S-3 Kaydet (N25LF) on display.

Douglas DC-3A (N8336C) "The Spirit of Benovia" on display. I've been waiting for an opportunity to catch this particular DC-3 for a couple of years now! Currently owned by the founders of Benovia Winery out of California, this DC-3 was originally delivered as a C-53 Skytrooper to the U.S. Army Air Force in 1942. This DC-3 is full of history as it served in South Asia during World War II as well as Mainland China and Hong Kong in the post-war and Cold War era. She proudly wears her post-war Civil Air Transport markings and reusing its former CAT registration.

North American SNJ-4 Texan (N2269N) on display.

Happy New Year! This will be the final gallery update for the year 2022. Stand by for the annual end-of-year photo montage following this post.

No comments: