About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, September 3, 2021

Gallery Update: Flying Legends of Victory Tour in Salem

After performing at the AirShow of the Cascades last weekend, the Commemorative Air Force, Arizona Wing's B-17 Flying Fortress known as "Sentimental Journey," has come to Salem, the group's next stop for their Flying Legends of Victory Tour; it was only four short years ago that I got to see their B-25 in Heber City, Utah during their 2017 tour.

Since I saw "Sentimental Journey" fly at Madras last weekend, I didn't spend too long touring the aircraft nor was feeling too enthusiastic considering how much work has taken its toll on me. But I took today as an opportunity to actually get inside this B-17 and support the Commemorative Air Force, especially after last year's dumpster fire. I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

Flying Legends of Victory 2021 - B-17G Flying Fortress "Sentimental Journey"

Preview:

Commemorative Air Force Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress "Sentimental Journey" (N9323Z) on display.

A look into the nose-gunner position of the Flying Fortress.

View of the cockpit.

Looking back at the tail-section through the top turret.

Looking back into the radio operator's station.

Looking back towards the rear with two of the side-gunner postions.

This particular airframe was manufactured in 1944 at the Douglas plant in Long Beach, California.

Face-to-face with "Sentimental Journey." I will never take for granted opportunities to see such a treasured piece of history such as this!

No comments: