About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Monday, August 30, 2021

Gallery Update: N3N Sighting in Albany!

While flying to maintain my instrument currency with the help of my friend and safety pilot, we stopped in Albany to get cheap(er) fuel and stretch our legs. While on the ramp, a beautiful and vintage N3N caught our eye and of course, I had to photograph it!

Albany (S12) 22

Preview:

Naval Aircraft Factory N3N-3 (N44723) "The Yellow Peril" parked on the ramp. Arrived earlier from Eugene.

This airframe changed hands several times between several owners locally throughout the Willamette Valley.

"The Yellow Peril" nickname is somewhat humorous because it implies that both student and instructor pilots would often be found in jeopardy in a training environment. But in reality, the N3N was actually a rather rugged, reliable, and forgiving aircraft to student pilots of the Navy learning to fly.

No comments: