About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Gallery Update: Global 6000 Sighting in Salem

A little over two years ago, I had the opportunity and photographed a Bombardier Global 5000, a member of the Global Express family of large, long-range business jets. Since then, I've paid closer attention to corporate aviation and started seeking out opportunities to photograph various makes and models of private business jets and other corporate aircraft as opportunity permits. And one such opportunity presented itself today as I got to photograph for the first time a Global 6000, the third generation member of the Global Express family after the Global 5000 and Global Express XRS.

The Global 6000 was launched by Bombardier in 2012 and offers improved range via a larger fuel tank located at the wing root. It also features a rather flexible wing and one of the highest wing loadings in it's class, making it a comfortable ride in turbulence. The Global 6000 competes with the likes of Dassault's Falcon 8X and Gulfstream Aerospace's G600 and G650.

Salem (SLE) 91

Preview:

Cessna 182Q Skylane (N4783N) parked on the ramp.

Life Flight Network Eurocopter EC135-P1 (N841LF) making a southbound downwind departure after taking off from the ramp area.

Bombardier BD-700-1A10 Global 6000 (N259SB) arriving on 31 from Provo.

Pretty bland, "white-tail" livery, but still good to finally catch a Global 6000 for the first time.

N259SB taxiing to the ramp.

N259SB parked on the ramp.

Almost looks like a "white-tail" CRJ-200!

No comments: