About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, May 8, 2020

Gallery Update: F-15 Flyovers & a Visit to Albany

Long day! After I got off work this morning, I decided to go flying; I was going to go up later in the afternoon following a morning nap, but the temperatures were forecast to hit a high above 80 degrees Fahrenheit today, the highest this part of Oregon will see so far in the year. Of course, that meant less-smooth air for said flight so I decided to push it up for earlier to take advantage of the cooler, smooth air to practice my commercial maneuvers. In the end, it was the right call to make.

Before I went flying though, I staged myself back near my workplace because the Oregon Air National Guard was conducting multiple flyovers today with a pair F-15 Eagles in a show of solidarity to salute the people on the forefront of the COVID-19 crisis and to lift morale during these unusual times as part of Operation American Resolve. Yes, I got the shots of the flyover I wanted! And then during my flight, I decided to stop in Albany to pay a visit with some old acquaintances at Infinite Air Center, as they just re-opened their doors for business just last week and I got a few ramp shots there. It's actually been a while since I took any photos at Albany!

A double gallery update in a single day!

Off-Airport - 05/08/2020

Albany (S12) 19

Preview:

EAGLE 01 flight of two F-15 Eagles from the 142nd Fighter Wing out of Portland overflying my workplace!

Flyover conducted as part of "Operation: American Resolve" and the Air Force's salute to frontline workers and essential employees in the midst of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, which has gripped the world for over two months now.

Thank you to the Oregon Air National Guard and the members of the 142nd Fighter Wing out of Portland for their salute! Seeing this flyover was enough to a smile on the face of this often worn out "essential worker."

Cessna 172 Skyhawk (N5636A) parked on the ramp. A true 1956 vintage model of the classic 172! Infinite Air Center is now leasing this true classic for flight training!

Piper PA-28-151 Cherokee Warrior (N33376) parked in the hangar. Nicknamed "Joan" by the flight school, it is the flight school's TAA (Technically Advanced Aircraft), used by commercial students who need the 10 requisite hours of TAA time. This Warrior replaced Infinite's Piper Arrow (the same one that I got my Complex in!), since now the commercial requirement no longer requires just complex time, but rather either complex or TAA time! I of course, went the old-school route and got 10 hours of complex time!

Grumman American AA-1B TR-2 (N1438R) parked on the ramp. I don't think I've seen this type before! The AA-1 series is the predecessor to the four-seat Grumman American AA-5 series. 

No comments: