About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Gallery Update: Catching Two Italian Designs in Salem!

After getting back from an hour-long flight practicing commercial maneuvers, I overheard on the radio that a locally-based Partenavia P.68 Observer was coming in to land. Now I've seen and photographed this plane once before, but I knew I had a chance to get a better shot of it! And on top of that, I also got to see a Tecnam P2006T parked on the ramp as I was about to get some fuel! I got the unique opportunity to see and photograph two distinct Italian twin-engine aircraft designs at the same time! Considering that both the P.68 and P2006T are rather uncommon sights here, it was definitely an opportunity that I could not pass up! Even more unusual is that both planes were outfitted for aerial survey and imaging work.

Salem (SLE) 41

Preview:

Oregon Department of Forestry Partenavia P.68 Observer (N9000V) arriving on 34 following a local flight. From what I've heard, the forestry service is conducting training flights for some new-hire pilots in this airplane.

Tecnam P2006T (N950GV) parked on the ramp. This frame is also outfitted for aerial survey work and as it turns out, was doing just that out of Salem several times throughout the day already.

N9000V taxiing back to 34 on taxiway C for departure and pattern work.

A shot of both Italian twin-engine designs in one shot!

N950GV taxiing for departure for another aerial survey mission and then on to Portland-Troutdale.

N9000V airborne off 34.

N950GV airborne off 34.

Raytheon/Hawker Beechcraft 390 Premier I (N88MM) parked on the ramp. Arrived earlier this morning from Scottsdale and scheduled to return to Scottsdale in the evening.

No comments: