About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Gallery Update: Citation Mustang Sighting in Salem

After getting back from a local flight I did, I stuck around and did some "hangar flying" and got some spotting in around the ramp. The only noteworthy catch of today was a Cessna Citation Mustang. Other than that, Salem Airport is still practically dead, so anything with a turboprop or jet engine is always a highlight here, that is until the aviation events planned for this summer happens (assuming the COVID-19 crisis doesn't throw a wrench in said plans!). And with airline activity still slow to recover in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, there's really not much else to look forward to other than take life one day at a time and hold out on hope that things will start to pick up in droves.

Salem (SLE) 42

Preview:

Cessna 510 Citation Mustang (N603WS) taxiing for departure to Roseburg. Arrived earlier in the day from Roseburg.

N603WS departing on 34 for Roseburg.

Valley Flyers Cessna 172M Skyhawk II (N12382) airborne off 34 for a local flight. I've flown this plane a few times this year already!

American General Aviation Corporation (AGAC) AG-5B Tiger (N1196J) taxiing to the hangar. Registered with the Salem Pilots Association, another flying club based here at the airport. I haven't photographed many examples of the AA-5/AG-5 series of aircraft, so I'll have to keep an eye out for more of them as the family of aircraft has an extensive history of manufacturers!

Valley Flyers Piper PA-28-140 Cherokee Cruiser (N1636H) airborne off 34 for a local flight. This has been my go-to airplane for commercial training!

No comments: