About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Gallery Update: Chasing and Getting a New Angle on an Allegiant MD-83

Last month, I found a new favorite place to planespot at the Provo Municipal Airport on a dike road for Utah Lake. Today, I went back to my new favorite spotting location in order to photograph an Allegiant Air arrival. Needless to say, I am pleased with the end result! Here's the link:

Provo (PVU) 26

Preview:

Pilatus PC-12/45 (N292P) on short final for 13, arriving from North Las Vegas. I love the contrast between the red fuselage of the Pilatus and the mountains in the background!

Allegiant Air McDonnell Douglas MD-83 (N891GA) on short final for 13, arriving from Phoenix/Mesa as AAY132. I have always wanted to get a view like this!

Airframe originally delivered as an MD-82 to SAS Scandinavian Airlines as LN-RLG in 1986. It was then leased several times to various carriers before removal from the fleet prior to subsequent acquisition by Allegiant. In 1992, it was leased to the second incarnation of Compass Airlines (not to be confused with the U.S. regional airline) in Australia as VH-LNK. In 1993, it was leased to Reno Air and re-registered as N844RA. In 2003, it was acquired by Allegiant Air and converted into an MD-83.

I really love photographing from this vantage point, especially when an commercial airliner is the subject!

Diamond DA-20-C1 Katana (N968CT) on short final for 13. This aircraft used to be part of the Utah Valley University fleet. It is now with Platinum Aviation, a local flight school based at nearby Spanish Fork.

No comments: