About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, August 26, 2016

Gallery Update: Utah Valley University Flight School

My first week of classes at the Utah Valley University Flight School is finished. I won't be the first to admit that the first week is always the hardest. I still have some loose ends to tie up and look into, but I will eventually start to make significant progress. In the meantime, I can enjoy the new environment I've found myself in by studying the very things I love and documenting them with a few photographs along the way! Here are the links to some new photos, the first being a few shots from my camera taken while on the campus at the Provo Municipal Airport and an update to the off-airport gallery:

Provo (PVU) 1

Off-Airport 3 (Updated)

Preview:

Diamond DA-20-C1 Katana (N957CT) parked on the UVU ramp. Students starting out will first learn to fly in the DA-20; it is an Austrian-designed  two-seat tricycle gear general aviation light aircraft.

Diamond DA-42 Twin Star (N334TS) taxiing back to the UVU ramp. Students train for their multi-engine rating in these at UVU.

Allegiant Air Airbus A319-112 (N324NV) arriving on 13 as AAY132 from Phoenix-Mesa. Airframe formerly G-EZAE with EasyJet and then with EasyJet Switzerland as HB-JZV before being sold to Allegiant; this airframe was also originally delivered as an A319-111 equipped with two CFM International CFMI CFM56-5B5/P high-bypass turbofan engines. Prior to beginning service with Allegiant, this airframe was re-engined with two CFMI CFM56-5B6/P (thus the -112 designation).

AAY132 taxiing to the terminal, which is currently the TAC Air FBO being leased out for airline operations. Allegiant currently flies to Los Angeles, Oakland, and Phoenix/Mesa from Provo, with plans to begin flights to San Diego on September 28, 2016. Allegiant is currently the only airline serving Provo.

Diamond DA-20A-1 Katana on display at the main campus of Utah Valley University. This aircraft weighed too much to fly and was given to Utah Valley University. It’s on display outside the science building on campus. It is jokingly called “Katana on a Stick” by students!

No comments: