About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Gallery Update: Off-Airport Spotting in South Jordan, Utah

Yesterday, I left home and made the long, lonely drive to Utah as I will be attending Utah Valley University's flight school to study Aviation Science. I can't officially move into my apartment until Monday so I'm technically homeless this weekend. Thankfully, I have an aunt who lives in South Jordan, UT just south of Salt Lake City on a seasonal basis and she was gracious enough to let me stay at her place for the weekend. As mentioned at the start of this year, her home is right underneath the south approach to Salt Lake City International Airport so I'm taking the opportunity to squeeze in some off-airport spotting while I'm staying in South Jordan. This evening while I still had some sunlight, I stepped outside and shot some photos. And since I'm going to be living in and going to school in the Wasatch Range, I have a few new potential spotting locations to check out and look for; I need to go spotting at Salt Lake City International and I'll definitely be shooting frequently at Provo Municipal when time allows! Here's the updated link:

Off-Airport 3 (Updated)

Preview:

American Airlines McDonnell Douglas MD-82 on approach to Salt Lake City International from Dallas/Fort Worth. It certainly has been a while since I last saw an American MD-80 as they are in the process of being retired.

Delta Air Lines Boeing 737-900 on approach to Salt Lake City International. Note the Delta logo painted on the belly of the aircraft as well as the split-scimitar winglets.

No comments: