About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Gallery Update: The Past Three Days/Homeward Bound

I am officially done with school at BYU-Idaho and I have since returned home to Oregon. But in the last three days, I managed to get snap a few more photos even while on the go.

Thursday the 9th: I drove up to Ashton to be with my relatives before I left for home and I get an off-airport opportunity when a helicopter landed in a field by the church across the street from my relatives' home.

Friday the 10th: Still in Ashton, I was returning to the home of my relatives when I noticed a jetliner high up in the sky leaving behind a contrail. I snapped a photo of it and when I zoomed in on the photos, I found out it was a FedEx tri-jet (either a MD-10/DC-10 or an MD-11, couldn't really tell which was which from that distance). As a result of these photos, I've started an albums dedicated to contrails and this one will be updated when opportunity permits.

Saturday the 11th: On the drive home, I stopped in Nampa, Idaho just west of Boise to revisit the Warhawk Air Museum. It was about this time last year when I first visited, but I had missed the P-51C Mustang known as the "Boise Bee" by just a matter of minutes. This time, I was happy as a clam to lay eyes (and take photos) of the rare P-51C Mustang! While there, I managed to do a little planespotting by the Nampa Airport Ramp as well.

Links:

Off-Airport 3 (Updated)

Contrails

Warhawk Air Museum (Revisit)

Nampa (MAN) 2

Preview:

Air Idaho Rescue's Bell 407 (N160AM) on approach for landing in a field in Ashton, ID. I photographed this very same helicopter three years ago as my very first off-airport photo.

P-51Cs are significantly rarer than the usual D-models. I've waited a long time to see the Warhawk Air Museum's P-51C Mustang (NX4651C), nicknamed the "Boise Bee." This aircraft was fully restored in 2010 and honors five-time World War II fighter ace Lt. Col Duane W. Beeson of Boise, ID. Beeson flew in the 334th Fighter Squadron, 4th Fighter Group, Eighth Air Force in England.

The aircraft of the museum's namesake, the Curtiss P-40E Warhawk (NX94466).

Cessna 305A/O-1A Bird Dog (N5263G).

No comments: