About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Gallery Update: Last Day at the Legacy Flight Museum

Today was my last full day as a volunteer at the Legacy Flight Museum. Kind of a bitter sweet feeling knowing that I probably won't back here for a while because I'm finishing school at BYU-Idaho at the end of the semester and won't be returning for spring... Alas, I've had good run here and the place certainly had its perks! I've enjoyed tending to the airplanes on display, seeing them fly, and giving people tours. To say this was a good gig is an understatement; I've gained experience for volunteering here! Well, given that this was my last day to do the usual things I like to do, here are some final photos from the museum as well as from Rexburg-Madison County Airport. I decided to get cockpit photos of most of the planes at the museum and I also stayed after-hours today to oversee a couple and their photographers' 1940s-style wedding engagement photo-shoot involving a couple of the planes and vintage cars at the museum and I managed to get some planespotting in while there. Here are the links:

Legacy Flight Museum 2015 Revisits (Updated)

Rexburg (RXE) 27

Preview:

Grumman American AA-5A Cheetah (N9887U) practicing touch-and-goes and working the pattern.

Cessna R172K Skyhawk (N736QV) taxiing for departure soon after arriving; this one didn't stay very long.

Air Idaho Rescue Pilatus PC-12/45 (N129JW) practicing touch-and-goes.

Front cockpit of the T-28C Trojan.

Cockpit of the Mormon Mustang.

No comments: