About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Flight Critique: Frontier Airlines Flight 2170 (PDX-LAS)

1.) Aircraft: Airbus A320neo. There were many firsts for me on this flight as a passenger; it was my first time flying with Frontier Airlines and therefore, my first time flying on an ultra low-cost carrier (ULCC). That being said, I had to manage my expectations regarding the type of service from this airline and catered to my needs and travel style by paying for the extras on top of the base fare; in my case, I paid for seat selection as well as for a checked bag (due to the fact, I had to bring things for the main purpose of this trip along with a few things to give to family who were meeting us in Vegas!) This was also my first time flying on a member of the A320neo family and the reduced noise in the cabin was noticeable thanks to the new engine technology that went into it.

2.) Flight Time: Approximately 1 hour, 45 minutes

3.) Flight departed relatively on time. Thanks to my seat selection, I didn't get bored and enjoyed the views. Flight was relatively smooth and enjoyable.

4.) Courtesy of my dad, we shared a snack box that came with two drinks, which was buy-onboard.

5.) Flight was mostly-full but given the short duration, it was tolerable. And the crew were pleasant people. Overall, the flight did it's job of getting us from Portland to Las Vegas for a fun weekend getaway at an affordable price.

Photos from the flight:

Frontier Airlines Airbus A320-251N (N334FR) "Stretch the Great Blue Heron," the plane that brought my dad and I to Las Vegas. Photo taken after deplaning. Fun fact: this airframe was Frontier Airlines' first U.S.-built A320neo airframe, straight out of Airbus' plant in Mobile, Alabama!

One last look at the Willamette Valley following departure from PDX and having just turned southbound.

First signs of snow all year as we got into the mountainous areas.

Slowly changing landscape down below.

Clearly in the Nevada desert as we approached Las Vegas.

No comments: