About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Gallery Update: A Quick Stop in Canby

Sometimes, on my way home from PDX after doing some plane-spotting, I take a detour through Canby and Aurora before hopping back on the interstate to avoid traffic in and around the Wilsonville area if it's bad. On numerous occasions, I've passed by the Vietnam Era Veterans Memorial in Canby, which includes a Bell UH-1 Iroquois "Huey" helicopter mounted on a stand in full display but never took the opportunity to stop and take a look. I figured I might as well make a quick stop to get a few pictures on the way home. I always appreciate seeing aircraft serving as airport "gate guards" or as memorial displays.

Off-Airport 

Preview:

United States Army Bell UH-1H Iroquois "Little Orphan Annie" (70-16351) on display at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Formerly with the Ohio Army National Guard before being put up for display. In spite of being exposed to the elements, this old Huey appears to be great shape.

No comments: