About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Monday, November 22, 2021

Gallery Update: K-MAX Helicopter Sighting at Salem

After getting back from a quick local flight, I decided to chase down and photograph a unique visitor to Salem, namely, a Kaman K-1200 K-MAX helicopter, which was parked on the ramp. I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

Salem (SLE)

Preview:

Kaman K-1200 K-MAX (N161KA) parked on the ramp. Arrived earlier this afternoon from somewhere down south, likely Roseburg.

Previously flew as HB-XHJ for Helog in Switzerland. Currently registered to Superior Helicopter/Leasing LLC, which currently does business as Swanson Group Aviation, a private aerospace company that specializes in aerial construction, logging, aerial firefighting, and unmanned aircraft support based out of Glendale, Oregon. Superior Helicopters and later Swanson Aviation is one of the launch customers of the K-MAX and is considered to be one of the most experienced operators of the type. Fulfilling the aforementioned roles, it makes sense that this company would utilize the K-MAX.

No comments: