About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Gallery Update: Ramp Spotting in Scappoose

I went flying from Salem with my friend from the flight club this evening on a little photo mission/personal project of mine up in the Portland-area. After getting the photo mission done, we flew up to the Scappoose Industrial Airpark to make the outing where we both could log cross-country flight time. Now I've landed at Scappoose several times in the past three years as it's a fairly simple cross-country destination. But I've never had the opportunity to explore the airport until today and I'm glad I did as the airport is home to several General Aviation manufacturing firms, where some unique aircraft types are built. It was a worthwhile stop.


Preview:

Viper Aircraft ViperJet MKII parked on the ramp. I've heard of this homebuilt personal jet, but never actually seen one until today!

Face-to-face with the ViperJet. Made entirely of composite materials, the ViperJet serves as a high performance sport and aerobatic personal jet that comes in kit form, with builders spending thousands of hours building at six-figure prices.

As of 2006, 21 ViperJet kits have been sold and little to no information or updates have come since then.

Cessna 172M Skyhawk (N515ED), the plane we flew in on.

Cessna 150E (N3069J) parked on the ramp. I don't think I've seen a 150 with the original square tail before!

Cessna 210D Centurion (N3960Y) parked on the ramp.

Piper PA-28-180 Cherokee (N7272W) parked on the ramp.

Van's RV-9A (N992SB) parked on the ramp.

No comments: