About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Gallery Update: Pak West Metro 23 in Salem!

Another casual look at FlightAware and FlightRadar24 showed me that another one of Pak West/Sierra West Airlines Fairchild Metroliner variants (a Metro 23) flew into Salem today. So naturally, I decided to take my camera and get a few ramp shots of it! This is the third time this year I got to see a "Texas Lawn Dart" in Salem!

Salem (SLE) 32

Preview:

Pak West Airlines (d/b/a Sierra West Airlines) Fairchild SA227-DC Metro 23 (N852DR) parked on the ramp. Arrived from Twin Falls as PKW830. Always a novelty seeing a Metroliner in Salem!

Airframe first delivered to Belgian courier TBC Halbart Aviation operating on the behalf of Spanish airline Ibertrans AĆ©rea as EC-421 before being re-registered as EC-GLI during the mid-1990s. It then flew for the now-defunct Big Sky Airlines as N453LA during the late-1990s into the early-2000s. It was then acquired by Canadian charter carrier Sunwest Aviation as C-GMWW starting in 2010 before Sierra West acquired the airframe.

No comments: