About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Pilot Life: Maintenance Flight to Corvallis

The plane was scheduled to go in for maintenance at Corvallis and get some upgrades as part of making it more instrument certified. My uncle and I drove down to Albany and we got the plane prepped. After the pre-flight was done, my uncle handed me the keys and drove off; he was having me fly the plane while he drove down to meet me there!

A solo flight in N5174E!

After all the usual before-takeoff procedures, I got the plane airborne. The smoke from all the wildfires burning along the west coast was pretty bad, so I didn't go higher than I had to. I made my way over to Corvallis and entered the traffic pattern for Runway 17. My uncle previously told me to get a touch-and-go in as it would take a little bit of time for him to drive down to Corvallis, so that's what I did!

After the touch-and-go landing, I got back in the air and ran one more circuit on left-traffic for Runway 17, where I would make a full-stop landing. After clearing off the runway, I taxied the Cessna over to the maintenance facilities; and my uncle was waiting for me! After shutting the engine down, we headed in to the avionics shop, left the plane in their care, and drove home from there.

No comments: