About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Gallery Update: Morning Visit to Cottage Grove

I'm back in Oregon for a few weeks to take a break from flight school and business in Provo. And to be honest, I think I could use a little vacation considering the circumstances I've had to deal with recently after a culmination of six months worth of frustrations while attending UVU. Regardless, it's good to be back home in Oregon with my family for a few days. This morning, I got up early to go flying with my uncle (more on that on another post) from Albany down to Cottage Grove for some breakfast; we took two of my sister's brothers-in-law with us as well. When we got down there, we noticed a bunch of vintage aircraft parked where we parked my uncle's Cessna 172. Long story short, the Oregon Aviation Historical Society was hosting their fourth annual Wings & Wheels fly-in and car show today and we just happened to arrive while they were setting up. After we finished breakfast, I got photos of the various aircraft displays, including some of the museum aircraft before we hopped back in my uncle's Cessna to fly back to Albany; we got out of there just in time as planes and vintage cars were starting to crowd up the ramp. I'm glad I got photos when I did because, the last time I was in Cottage Grove a year ago and I visted the Oregon Aviation Historical Society, it was hard hard to get decent photos of their aircraft in their crowded hangar. Here's the link:


Preview:

Aeronca 15AC Sedan (N1264H). The Sedan was the last design that Aeronca put into production and was the largest aircraft produced by the company.

Rearwin Sportster 8500 (NC17099). This thing first flew in 1937!

Fleet Model 2 (N448K). Originally designated as the Consolidated Model 14 Husky Junior, the Model 2 is powered by the Kinner K-5 engine. Derivatives of the Fleet series all shared the same design, with different powerplants being the only difference.

Stinson SR-5 Reliant (NC14585) from the Oregon Aviation Historical Society's collection. 

Great Lakes Model 2T-1A Sports Trainer (NC31GL). The Model 2T-1A is a revised model from the original 2T-1 with a larger tail surface. 

Rans S-7S (N8595Z) sporting floats. The S-7S is a kit version of the Rans S-7C and qualifies as a US Experimental light-sport aircraft (ELSA), powered by a Rotax 912ULS engine.

Story Model 7 (N1269). As of right now, not much is known about this aircraft as there isn't much information available. But from what I found on the FAA website, this aircraft is the only one of it's kind, amateur-built, and powered by a Volkswagen engine!

Express Series 90 (N264NS). I thought this was a Lancair! This is a homebuilt aircraft that was designed and produced by the Express Aircraft Company of Olympia, Washington, introduced in the late 1980s. It was supplied as a kit for amateur construction.

No comments: