About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Gallery Update: Chasing an Allegiant Airbus A319

How many Allegiant Airbuses will I photograph until I'm sick of them??? As long there are new N-numbers to log, I'll be chasing them (plus any "Mad Dogs" that occasionally visit) and photographing them when opportunity permits all while avoiding any repeat airframes. I headed out to the Provo Airport dike road again and photographed another A319 operated by Allegiant Air. This time however, I traveled further down the dike road and shot photos through the fence to catch the departing flight. Here's the link:

Provo (PVU) 36

Preview:

Allegiant Air Airbus A319-111 (N336NV) on short final for 13 arriving as AAY132 from Phoenix-Mesa. A little back-lit but I had very little time to set myself up to get a better shot of the arriving flight, hence my reason for waiting for the departing flight.

N336NV holding short of 13 on Taxiway A prior to departure as AAY133 back to Phoenix-Mesa. Note the Provo LDS Temple in the background. Airframe first delivered in 2004 to EasyJet as G-EZEF. Airframe was then leased to Fastjet and re-registered as 5H-FJA in November 2012. Airframe acquired by Allegiant and re-registered to the current tail number in December 2016 and placed into revenue service in February of this year.

AAY133 lining up on 13 just has it began takeoff roll. Note BYU's Y Mountain in the background.

No comments: