About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Gallery Update: More Rexburg Ramp Shots

Weather was nice but it was the 40-50 mph wind that ruined it. I spent yet another afternoon at the Legacy Flight Museum; surprisingly, I got a lot of visitors during my shift so not everybody was going to let the strong winds outside ruin their day. It was good for me too because it helped me stay busy. In lieu of any big update, here are a few ramp shots from the airport; I took these right after closing time.

Rexburg (RXE) 25

Preview:

Close up of the Rutan VariEze (N410U) from three weeks ago. The nose gear is retracted while the aircraft is parked due to the engine weight in the back, which results in shifted center of gravity; without bodies occupying the cockpit to provide a normal center of gravity, the plane would tip backwards. I wonder if Burt Rutan saw this coming when he designed this aircraft?

Cessna 172M Skyhawk (N13686) parked on the ramp.

No comments: