About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Gallery Update: Always Expect The Unexpected

Well Happy 4th of July to you all! I'm spending the holiday weekend at my relatives' home in Ashton, Idaho and so far the last several days has been really fun. Today was the Ashton 4th of July Parade. So you're probably thinking, "What does that have to do with aviation?"

(Okay, you weren't thinking that but I was!)

Well, I've learned to expect the unexpected. And in this case, that means having a camera with me wherever I go. You won't believe how decent your pictures turn out no matter what kind of digital camera you use (and my Nikon L20 Coolpix is serving me well for the time being but I would sure like to get one of those bigger, professional-looking cameras made by Canon!). And much to my pleasant surprise, the Legacy Flight Museum brought four of their planes all the way from Rexburg and did some fly-overs during the parade. And since Ashton does not have it's own airport, the photos of the planes I took today are on my Off-Airport album:

Off-Airport 2 (Updated)

Actually, since my trip to Utah this past April, my Off-Airport album got updated several times since then. Better late than never I suppose! Here's a preview from today's events:

It's always a pleasure to see these P-51s grace the skies with the sound of their Merlin Engines!

The museum's SNJ-3 Texan and the Stearman did a couple of fly-overs as well.

Happy Independence Day!

No comments: