About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Gallery Update: Beechcraft Queen Air Sighting in Salem!

I was awoken to a sound of an unusual sounding engine. A look on FlightRadar24 showed it was a Beechcraft Queen Air! I've never seen a Queen Air before, so I immediately headed to the airport to get some pictures; I even had lunch at the Flight Deck Restaurant just to see it take off!

Salem (SLE)

Preview:

Beechcraft 65 Queen Air (N7034E) parked on the ramp. Arrived from Medford. My first time photographing a Queen Air!

Starting up the engines. The initial 65 model has the square straight tail, so it's often referred to as the "straight 65." 316 "straight 65s" were built between 1959 and 1967.

Taxiing for departure to Auburn, Washington. The Queen Air is certainly one of the more uncommon sights of General Aviation.

The Queen Air was developed from the Beechcraft Twin Bonanza (another uncommon sight!) and would later develop into the well-known King Air family of turboprops.

Later variants of the Queen Air would see modification and improvement in its overall design.

N7034E departing on 16 for Auburn, Washington.

The square tail of the original definitely gives this Queen Air a vintage look!

Airborne off 16 for Auburn. It definitely has a distinct sound!

No comments: