About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, October 9, 2020

Gallery Update: Quick Shots in Albany and Salem

 I had an errand to run down in Albany this afternoon so I decided to fly down there and make it a little social visit. Of course, I had my camera with me so I got a few photos around the ramp. I then returned to Salem after getting some commercial maneuvers practice and noticed a few firefighting helicopters on the ramp, so I got some shots of those as well! Considering that it's been a rather long and brutal week at my job, today was honestly a good way to end the week on.

Albany (S12) 20

Salem (SLE) 59

Preview:

Infinite Air Center Piper PA-28-151 Cherokee Warrior (N33376) parked on the ramp. Last time I saw this plane, it was hangared and I couldn't get a full shot of the airframe.

Infinite Air Center Piper PA-28-140 Cherokee (N98241) parked on the ramp after returning from a training flight. It was so nice to see the Cherokee I did my Instrument checkride in just a year ago! Like visiting an old friend!

A shot of Infinite Air Center's two Piper Cherokee models in the same frame!

Cessna 510 Citation Mustang (N530RM) departing on 16 for Thermal, California.

Frontier Flying Services Cessna 172M Skyhawk (N1264U) arriving on 16 from Corvallis.

Infinite Air Center Cessna 150M Commuter II (N66709) airborne off 16 for pattern work.
Hillsboro Aviation Bell 205A-1 (N223HT) parked on the ramp. Currently supporting wildfire efforts out around Mill City and Gates east of Salem.

Columbia Helicopters Boeing CH-47D Chinook (N471CH) parked on the ramp. Currently stopped over on its way to Utah, most likely to support firefighting efforts down there. First time catching one of Columbia's Chinooks! Formerly with the United States Army as 90-00198.

No comments: