About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Monday, April 20, 2020

Gallery Update: Chasing a Falcon 50 in Salem

There's a locally-based Falcon 50 tri-jet that I've seen on previous occasions but never had a chance to photograph. That changed today as it was making hops up and down the West Coast today and I managed to see it arrive back in Salem allowing for a perfect opportunity to photograph it during an otherwise lackluster time in aviation with the COVID-19 crisis still at the forefront of current events. I'll probably start looking out for other locally-based and visiting biz jets that might be worth chasing down...

Salem (SLE) 40

Preview:

Dassault Falcon 50 (N629EP) taxiing to the ramp after arriving on 34 from Palm Springs.

The jet started the day by flying up to Arlington, Washington and then down to Astoria. From there, the jet flew down to Palm Springs, California before returning to Salem.

Always a treat to see a tri-jet and something larger than the typical GA aircraft seen at Salem!

No comments: